Sunday, August 15, 2010

Heading to the Airport



This was our car packed with our luggage. We had 4 checked bags and each a carry-on and personal item. 2 of the checked bags were donations for our care center, clothes, shoes, and lots of hand sanitizer! Then we had Ash's and Mekie's car seats in our car. We left our house around 6:45 and on the way driving to the airport we were listening to the radio and the song came on

"Our God is greater, Our God is stronger, God you are higher than any other...and if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us, and if our God with us, then what could stand against"


And Derek and I have clung to that song the entire week before we left. Thorough this journey Derek and I have felt so up and down. There were good days but many bad days that left us feeling defeated and as we were getting ready the week before, we had so many doubts and fears. But that song gave us strength. So as we were driving the song was on and I looked out my window and saw a rainbow, not one but two! It was not raining out that morning. The sun was coming up on one side and some clouds on the other side. God gave us rainbows as a promise to us back in Genesis. I know that God put those two rainbows in the sky to help calm all those fears away. (one big fear was why 2 children and I was still questioning that up to the day) So it brought tears to my eyes because I felt God's presence saying go and bring your, not one, but two children home that I planned for your family!!!
The second rainbow didn't show up on my picture but it was there, I promise!!
I will try and post new pics every couple days with more details of our trip. It is difficult managing 4 children, with getting ready for school, and lots of doctor and dentist appts. So will try my best so all of you can know how our trip went!

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog, dear Walz family! So excited to hug those new "babies" when we finally get to meet them! :-) You are in our prayers daily - we are praying that see God's hand moving in your life each day as you bond as family and give boatloads of love to your new kids AND your old ones! :-)

    hugs -
    Darla

    ReplyDelete