Friday, June 3, 2011

Trip to Botanical Conservatory



My brother and sister-in-law came up for the weekend awhile again (and haven't had time to post) but we went to the conservatory downtown. We have lived in Fort Wayne for 4 years and haven't visted there yet. So we went one afternoon and had such a good time. The kids actually had a fun time looking at the flowers and they had a peter pan exhibit there.


At the entrance was a large tree and Mekie had fun opening the door and playing peek-a-boo!

This was the Peter Pan Exhibit. There was a large boat with some slides. The big kids, that was us, sat and watched them play for a while! Like usually, Ash was quite reserved about crossing the water to get on the boat. But he warmed up and had so much fun!

Little Ethan had a hard time climbing up the steep boardwalk to get to the slides so he hung out below the deck!After the boat, we went to the waterfall area. It was so peaceful and the waterfalls were so pretty! The kids all sat down on benches and just watched the waterfall for a while.


The kids at the top of the waterfall.

I couldn't help but take pictures of flowers. They were so pretty!

Then we went to the worm area and the kids crawled through this tunnel that resembles a worm hole. That is what Garrett is looking through. The ceiling had what vegetables look like under ground. The kids had fun guessing what they were.


Ash got tired of walking around and found a bench to take a rest while we were looking at flowers.

More flowers!

It was a pretty fun! Then when we were trying to decide what we would do after for dinner, I was looking for my keys. I couldn't find them anywhere. So guess what Wendy did? That's right, I left my keys in my car downtown in the parking garage! I was so nervous but there was my durango, untouched! So after I said a little prayer and thanked God, we headed to the Amish resturant in Grabill. I have heard of this resturant but been scared to go because it is at an Amish house and they only offer food on Fridays and Saturdays. I felt ackward going into someones house and eating. So I got brave to go since my brother was here. But when we got there, it was actually not in the house but in a seperate building that looked like a barn. It was buffet and there was actually quite a lot of people in there. The food and service was great. I would recommend that place to anyone. Tyler and Elissa really enjoyed themselves. So thanks to Tyler and Elissa for coming and spending the weekend with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment