Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birthday for Ash and Ethan

. I wanted to share the Birthday party we had for Ash and Ethan. After we finished with wrestling that morning, the family then joined us to open presents and eat cake and ice cream. Ethan's actually birthday is on 12-27 and Ash's is 02-02. But we always celebrate Ethan's birthday in March because that is what Derek and I decided to do. (despite the grumbles we hear, we like it) And then Ash's birthday weekend was full and so were the following weekends. So we decided since it was getting so close to March when we would have Ethan's we should just celebrate the birthday parties together. So Ash wanted a Monster Truck party and Ethan wanted Lightening McQueen. So at the bottom you will see the cake that had both!
The boys enjoyed all their presents and money. They took turns opening the presents that way everyone could see what they got!

Both of them got some summer clothes and a camping chair with their names of it. Ash got some DS games and of course, monster trucks and more. Ethan got Lightening McQueen toys and Tonka truck track and other outdoor things.

So this was their cake. Monster Trucks and Mcqueen cars! I had a friend that made the cake, trying to take the stress out of me feeling the need to plan a big party! So the now funny story about the cake is when I got home from picking up the cake from my friend, I put the cake on the counter and pushed it back so it was out of sight, out of mind plus thinking the kids couldn't reach it. Little did I know, Ethan could reach it! And he wanted to see his Lightening McQueen cake so bad. So he was pulling the cake towards him and I walked right out of my bedroom and saw the cake (which was pretty heavy) fall right on top of him. I was in slow motion screaming, "NO!" I was so mad at him!!! But Derek took him out to run some errands so I could repair the cake and calm down. So when he came back he had his sad face and said sorry to mommy! The cake fell on it's side to it smashed the edging and the cars all feel off and dented the cake on top. So I took the crumbs that was suppose to be the dirt and filled in the dents. So it, luckily, was still in pretty good shape! So that is our funny store about the cake this year!
The boys both loved their cake, made a wish and blowed out the candles!
Happy Birthday to my baby boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment