Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Start to the Christmas pics....

Christmas this year was so amazing. We started our adoption right at the beginning of the year and our hopes were to have our children home by Christmas. Well God brought them home way before that. So God made our Christmas so special this year by having our children home with us! Four kids, I won't lie, are a handful but such a blessing! Well I am starting off my post with a picture of the youngest in oldest in my family. My great grandpa is 90 and my baby is 3. What another blessing to still have my great grandpa and my kids's great, great grandpa still able to celebrate Christmas with!
Some of these pictures are at my mom's house and my Aunt's house. We had my mom's Christmas and my Grandma's Christmas the weekend before Christmas so I just grouped them together.

Mekie in her pretty Christmas dress. I had so much fun picking out a dress for her but she squashed it when I showed her the dress and she said, "I no like it!" Well she had to wear it anyway but she looked like a precious Ethiopian princess even though she didn't think so.



Mekie was happy to get a car her Barbie's fit in (since Barbie's don't fit into Matchbox cars!!)


Ethan loving his Uncle Tyler (my brother).


Garrett getting a new sled. He loves it. He got to use it later that day! Continue to read to see the pictures and fun experience sledding!

Ethan then moving onto his Aunt Elissa! Oh, Ethan, he's my baby. I will have such a hard time when he doesn't want to be held any more!

Ash has grown fond of his Uncle Tyler. He told me the other day when it's his birthday he wants to have a monster truck on his cake with Uncle Tyler. And I responded by saying, " You mean like Uncle Tyler's monster truck". He said, "No, a monster truck AND Uncle Tyler!" It was too funny. So I had to call Tyler right away and tell him.

I have never seen a boy so excited to get a bookbag! Ash screamed with excitment over it! I couldn't get a picture quick enough to show his excitement!




After we opened presents at my mom's house, the kids wanted to go outside and play. My brother had the idea to go sledding. I brought the kids' snow clothes but not ours. So my mom came out with this ugly snow suit that is 30 years old. So I would freeze if I didn't wear it, so I put it on and looked so ridiculous. She even had this helmet with sparkles in it!!! So I had to wear that too! The kids laughed so hard when they saw me! Then we were off to the some hills down the road where Tyler and I used to sled when we were kids.

Ethan going down the hills. After I pushed him down, I thought "I probably should have went with him". He went so fast, I was praying he made it down without getting hurt!!! He did NOT get hurt and surprisingly nobody got hurt! That's a good day!!!


Mekie was so fearless going down the hills. She had no idea what to do but we put her on a sled and pushed her and she went flying down the hill. When she got down the hill she stood up and started laughing.


Ash and Derek making a trip down the hill. Ash took a while to warm up going down the hills. So Derek when down with him for a while.

Tyler (my brother) and I making a trip down the hill together holding hands! Don't you love my mom's snowsuit and helmet. I looked so ridiculous I couldn't take it off!

Garrett flew down the hills on his new sled!

Mekie enjoying her first time sledding!

I could hardly move in my mom's snowsuit. So the kids needed help climbing the hill so when I tried to help them, I kept falling down. Finally Derek came to help me!


Oh, my little Ethan loving sledding!

Mekie and Garrett making snow angels!

After sledding we headed back to mom's to play some Wii. Tyler and I dancing to a dance game that my sister-in-law got for Christmas. It was too funny to see Tyler dancing!

Derek and I trying out our Eygptian moves.

The kids dancing to a robot song! This is the one Wii game Mekie can actually play. That girl knows how to dance! Garrett and Ash actually did good at it too! Ethan was too busy having grandma hold him!

What a great start to Christmas! We loved spending the time with family! Well next set of photos will be of our Christmas. I will try to get faster with posts.


I also need some prayer requests for Ash. He woke up this morning with a high fever and crying because he had a bad toothache. So we are actually going to have it pulled next week. So please pray for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment