Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One year ago today...

I am watching "A Home for the Holidays" right now and this is the program that has been on TV the last 12 years at this time of year. And this same program, Derek and I watched a year ago. I watched it with tears streaming down my face as I saw so many kids that want families and love. At this time last year, I had a miscarriage only 3 months ago and I didn't know if we should continue to have a baby, look into adoption, or having no more kids all together. So as I watched this and saw how many kids are out their that need a family, it broke my heart. I know God used this show to speak to me that night one year ago to move me; move me, grow me, and bring about strength that is only God given. As I sit here and watch this show, I fight back tears again as I think about all the feelings I was thinking of last year and my feelings now and how it still breaks my heart to watch those kids. I know Derek will think I'm crazy when he reads this, but I would love to bring those kids home and love on them. I think of all the things that Derek and I did this past year and how crazy, exhilarating, and just not natural it is to adopt but we never would have done it without stepping out on faith! And because of our adoption, Ash and Mekie have livened our home with lots of laughter, joy, and yes, more tears but so much more happiness! Thank you God for that show that we watched one year ago today and for growing us enough to step out on faith and follow you on one amazing adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Wendy and Derek - this is Auntie Mary and I just want to say how blessed I am visiting your blog. How exciting!! The kids are wonderful--all of them. I know God will richly bless you over and over again. Also, I wasn't aware that you went through Compassion Int'l....is that correct? I sponsor 2 girls in Rwanda through Compassion International....my girls are older. Of course, I'm very limited in my interaction with them, but I do send extra money at Christmas time and pictures and postcards from time to time. Just thought I'd share....Have a wonderful 2011....God bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Mary - Thanks for your nice comments. We did not go through Compassion for our adoption, although we do sponsor a child (Amanuel)in Ethiopia through Compassion. Our new focus is going to be working with Hope Chest & Starved 4 Hope to help the children in Awassa, Ethiopia. We think it may allow for more personal interaction with the children and would like the opportunity to go back soon! Happy 2011 to you as well & God Bless!

    ReplyDelete